10) They are still looking a secret treasure that Justice Antonin Scalia is rumored to have buried in his office.
9) The GOP are still combing through the Constitution for a “If I can’t have my way; you can’t either” loophole.
8) Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell still bitter after getting called “Mr. Magoo” by all of the popular Congress kids.
7) They have to wash their hair that day.
6) Their psychic advisor warned against making any decisions for the next year because Mercury is in retrograde.
5) They need to check with large corporate special interest groups to see if it’s o.k. first
4) Leaving the such an important decision to President Donald Trump makes perfect sense. (and people say the GOP are out of touch!)
3) There is a movie marathon on Lifetime television, and they just want some “me” time right now.
2) They are still in-fighting about whether or not to host “bring your daughter to work day,” but are struggling to figure out what they actually do for a living to be able to explain it.
1) Obstructionism, pure and simple.